Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year...

I decided a few weeks ago that I wanted to do something a little more "eggcentric" with my typical Facebook posts about cooking on my Big Green Egg... This blog will serve as that outlet; with recipes, pictures, tips, and general info and reviews about products, techniques, and really anything having to do with cooking and eating.

Ever since I was a kid; I have always been interested in cooking (and eating). My wife and I received a gas grill for a wedding gift and I couldn't wait to put it together and get it on the deck. That was a little over 12 years ago... Since then; I've been thru two gassers and in April 2012, after about 8 hours of intense on-line research, I jumped into the world of the Big Green Egg. I brought my assembled Large home on a very rainy Sunday afternoon and got it onto the deck with a little help from my brother in law. Loaded it with lump and fired it up... Haven't looked back and most of our meals are cooked on it. Other than making some sauces and serving as a warming station; our stove has become the biggest digital clock in the house. My only regrets are that I didn't get an XL sized egg to start, and that I didn't get a Big Green Egg years ago...

Anyway, I am looking forward to sharing more of my cooking adventures.

Ed


No comments:

Post a Comment