Saturday, January 19, 2013

Another Good Weeknight Meal... Pork

Like my last post; this one is another meal that's possible to get to the table without too much fuss and will leave leftovers for lunches.
 Pork tenderloins are are great source of protein and are low in fat (if you're worried about that sort of thing)... The veggies in this dish are pretty straight forward as well.
  The tenderloins are usually packed in packs of 2; so I would recommend cooking them both. Again, I did these direct on my egg; you can use the grill or method that works best for you. Just a side note; the more I cook outside, the less there is to clean up inside which can make dinner (at least the prep and clean up part) go much faster and leave more time for the important part which is sitting down with your family.
The veggies this time were cauliflower and eggplant. I grilled both on the egg. Cauliflower was a yes, the eggplant? Not so much. Never been a big fan of eggplant, and this cook didn't help. I am going to have to keep trying to find a way to prepare it that will work for me...


 The tenderloins are pretty easy to make. As you can see; when I grill tenderloins, I double back and tie the thin end so it is about the same thickness as the rest of the loin. This allows the entire length to cook more evenly so you don't wind up with the overcooked and burnt thin end. Cooked over direct coals, the dome temperature on my eggs was around 350 with the grid at normal level.


 Here they are on the fire... seasoned them simply with some Wegmans Basting Oil, sea salt, pepper, and garlic salt.


 The cauliflower was tossed with some basting oil as well and dusted with some Dizzy Pig Dizzy Dust BBQ rub. I cooked them on the egg in a grill basket once the pork was done. Cooked them until they were fork tender and had a slight char on them. Tossed them in a bowl with some shredded cheese.


And here is the plated meal... was very good (except for the eggplant).


Success on the pork and cauliflower... Fail on the eggplant. But that's what this blog is about; what works and sometimes what doesn't.

Enjoy!

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment