Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Fire Roasted Salsa and Grilled Chicken...

Over the 3 day weekend I was able to take advantage of the nice weather and do most of my cooking outside; on the Egg, the way nature intended...

I wanted to try something new; and decided that fire roasting up a bunch of fresh veggies and pairing them with some grilled chicken sounded just right. Fresh, healthy, and not to heavy...

No special recipe here; my basic wing it process applies to this one.

Here the fresh veggies; washed and ready to go...

 Cut, and and removed the cores and seeds from the peppers. I then tossed them all with some olive oil and seasoned them with sea salt and pepper. I had the Egg prepared and was going to cook them direct at about 350 for about 45 minutes or until they got a nice char on them.

Just on the Egg. This set up in from the Ceramic Grill Store, The PSWoo3 and the now unavailable Woo Extender. They make great products and their customer service is top notch as well...

Here they are ready to chill in the fridge for bit before I complete the salsa...

 While waiting for the veggies to cool a bit; I prep the chicken for the grill. Tossed with a little Wegman's Basting Oil and some Dizzy Pig Jamaican Firewalk . Great rub with some heat and touch of citrus sweetness.

 After putting the chicken on the Egg to begin cooking; I finish up on the salsa. The veggies are rough chopped and the tomatoes peeled before being chopped and added. To finish the salsa; I added some fresh chopped cilantro and minced garlic, along with a little extra virgin olive oil and some fresh lime juice. Also added some sliced black olives too...

After the chicken finished cooking; to 165 on an instant read thermometer, it was time to plate the meal. Topped it with some freshly sliced avocado. My family gave this meal two thumbs up and enjoyed the salsa even more the next day with some corn tortilla chips.


Don't be afraid to throw your veggies on the grill and let them get some fire time...

If you do make the salsa or this dish; let me know how it turned out.

Enjoy,

Ed

2 comments:

  1. I saw this and it makes me want to get an egg. Just so you can come over to cook

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA... Thanks Dave. The egg would have to be here though :)

    ReplyDelete