Saturday, January 26, 2013

Coconut Flour Pancakes...

While I have a pork butt slowly smoking on the Egg this morning; last week I made breakfast for my family. My daughter had requested pancakes... Not something you want to have while trying to avoid grains, gluten, carbs, etc...

I found this recipe here at Nourishing Days.

I am not much of a baker really; but the recipe was pretty easy to follow. The pancake batter is a lot thicker than with normal flour and the pancakes themselves wind up more of a silver dollar size. Very dense; but still fluffy, and with a subtle almost cake like taste. I topped them with melted butter, fresh raspberries, and some organic maple syrup, and served them with some sage sausage.

Family really like them and they were a filling breakfast. Just 3 little pancakes and we were all good till a late dinner...

Follow the link above and try these out...


Enjoy,

Ed

No comments:

Post a Comment